June Acorn Newsletter is HERE!
July Acorn Deadline is June 20, 2018.
Send in photos and info about your recent graduate(s) and I will include them in the July newsletter.
PASTOR TRANSITION TIMELINE
• June 17: Pastor Jeong’s last Sunday in the pulpit.
• June 20-23: Pastor Jeong at Annual Conference in Modesto.
• June 24-30: Pastor Jeong and family move to Los Altos.
• July 1: Please welcome Pastor Kim and her family as they join us on their official first day!
WEAR YOUR NAME TAG!
Need a name tag? Contact: Church Office or Claudia Ferguson
Please remember to wear your name tag on Sundays. With a new pastor and her family coming July 1, name tags will really help all of us to put names and faces together.
RED WHITE & BLUE BBQ AND PIE AUCTION
Saturday, July 7, 2018, 5 pm
When: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 5 pm
Where: Fair Oaks UMC Sanctuary
Cost: $25 family (parents+kids); $10 adults; $6 ages 12 & under
Chairs: Mary Ellen Milne, Ruby and Paris Wicker
• Gloria Phinney will be selling tickets beginning June 10.
• Main dish to be grilled by our very own Grillmasters.
• Please bring a side dish or salad to share.
• Pie Auction will follow dinner. Please bring a homemade pie to be sold.
• Please see Karlene Brown to help with advance purchasing of supplies.
• See Event Chairs to volunteer to help with set-up, clean-up, kitchen duties, grilling, etc.
SINGERS AND MUSICIANS WANTED
Summer Special Music
The Chancel Choir will be on summer break through Sept. 2. We are looking for Singers and Musicians to provide the anthem during church services during this time period. Please volunteer to share your talent by signing up on the Calendar located on the choir room door. Please contact the Music Director for more information or if you need an accompanist. Contact: Music Director Eliseo Paniagua, email@example.com, 209-423-9420
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 1 pm
Church office closed June 18 and June 24-27.
Fridays in June: The Church Office will be open in the afternoon instead of the morning. Please call ahead for hours.
When the office is closed, urgent prayer requests or pastoral care needs can be directed to Pastor Jeong, Nancy Klanjac (Prayer Chain, 967-5427, firstname.lastname@example.org), or Betty Phillips (Caring Minister, 482-3514, email@example.com)
MARK YOUR CALENDAR…
Upcoming Dates to Remember
06/20-06/23 CA-NV Annual Conference, Modesto, CA
06/24-06/30 Pastor Jeong and family move to Los Altos UMC
06/24-06/27 Church office closed.
06/25-06/28 Vacation Bible School, UMC of Rancho Cordova
07/01 Pastor Kim’s 1st Sunday!
07/04 Independence Day. Church office closed.
07/07 Red White Blue BBQ and Pie Auction
07/09 Church office closed.
09/03 Labor Day. Church office closed.
09/06 Chancel Choir rehearsals resume
09/09 Chancel Choir returns to Sunday services
09/15 Fair Oaks Chicken Festival in the Village
11/04 All Saints Sunday
11/22 Thanksgiving Day. Church office closed.
12/02 1st Sunday of Advent
12/24 Christmas Eve service
12/25 Christmas Day. Church office closed.
12/31 Tongan Ministry Watch Night service